Try these 5 tips to win the weed war
- Wear The Uniform Hats and sunblock to prevent sunburn, boots, gloves and protective clothing to protect against prickly plants, soil and weed killers.
- Get Them While Their Young An early start, the first six weeks or so of spring, and recognizing weeds when they are young will allow your plants to grow and mature without fighting with weeds and makes weeding easier because small, young weeds are much easier to pull.
- Master Mulching Mulching chokes out weed seeds, cools the soil and retains moisture while beautifying your garden. We recommend organic mulch that can be found at any garden center.
- Do not over-cultivate Weed seeds need sunlight. Cultivating brings them to the surface where they can germinate.
- The best Times To Use Hands And Tools Mornings and after a rain shower are good times for hand weeding. The soil is damp and the weeds will pull out more easily. If you are using a hoe or garden tool, dry, hard ground is better. The weeds will dry out and have less chance or re-rooting. Be careful when using tools close to your plants so you don't damage their root structure.
If you have any landscaping needs, Contact Us here